In 2006, the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) expanded the existing NTD program to require reporting by rural transit agencies. The NTD data for rural systems for years 2007 through 2018 have since been released. Similar to its urban counterpart, the data was stored in separate files of varying formats, making them difficult to access for applications, especially when multiple years of data are needed.
The rural version of the Integrated National Transit Database (Rural iNTD) system has been designed to make it easier to sort, compile and report multiple years of rural NTD data. Sponsored by the National Rural Transit Assistance Program (National RTAP), the system integrates the rural NTD data dating back to 2007 (i.e., the first year the data were made available by FTA) and provides user-friendly tools to facilitate data access and performance analysis.
- Quick access to multiple years of Rural NTD data since 2007.
- Quick access to calculated transit performance measures.
- Easy identification and selection of variables.
- Display of data on tables, forms, charts, and reports.
- Quick adjustment of financial variables to account for inflation.